Donate Now to Restore Peace and Quiet
Noise Free America: A Coalition to Promote Quiet needs your financial assistance to fight for peace and quiet. An annual membership is $35; a lifetime membership is $500.
Noise Free America will use your donation to:
- – distribute our guide to motorcycle noise enforcement to police departments and motor vehicle inspectors across the nation
- – provide noise enforcement training to police departments
- – advocate at all levels of government for stronger noise ordinances and stronger enforcement
- – develop and distribute radio and television public service announcements about the hazards of excessive noise
- – provide technical and strategic advice to victims of excessive noise
So grateful your organization exists and all the support you offer. Great work!
Thank you for all your efforts, especially the lobbying.
Just donated again. Keep up the good work.
I’m glad that somebody continues to fight noise pollution.
Noise pollution seems to be very unrecognized and building Noise Free America into a more effective organization can only help.
Noise Free America: A Coalition to Promote Quiet is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization registered and in good standing with the IRS. Contributions to Noise Free America: A Coalition to Promote Quiet are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. Our tax identification number is 30-0320227.
To Donate by Check or Money Order:
Please send your donation to:
Noise Free America: A Coalition to Promote Quiet
PO Box 2754
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27515
Other Ways to Support Noise Free America:
A Coalition to Promote Quiet
Donate real property: By donating a car, a boat, or real estate, you get a tax deduction and Noise Free America: A Coalition to Promote Quiet gets a valuable source of revenue to fight noise.
Donate stock. Making a gift of appreciated value to Noise Free America is simple and can offer you significant financial benefits. If you have owned the stock for more than one year, the total value of the stock upon transfer is tax-deductible; you avoid capital gains tax on the appreciated value of the stock. To donate securities, please contact us at [email protected]
Matching gifts. Many companies match their employees’ gifts to charitable organizations. If you would like to double or triple your gift, ask Noise Free America about matching gift opportunities. Simply enclose your company’s matching gift forms with your contribution and Noise Free America will complete the paperwork.
Memorial Gifts. A great way to honor a cherished family member or friend is to make a memorial gift in their name. Please contact us at [email protected] to discuss ways to name a Noise Free America project or activity in honor of a loved one.
Leaving a bequest is one of the most common and simple methods of leaving a legacy gift. The four ways to leave a bequest to Noise Free America are:
- Specific Request: Designate the amount of money or specific asset (property or securities) you wish to donate.
- Percentage Request: Designate the percentage of your estate you want distributed to Noise Fee America.
- Residuary Request: Instruct that any remaining part of your estate be distributed to Noise Free America after distributions are made to family, friends, and others.
- Contingent Request: Instruct that Noise Free America receive assets in the event that a beneficiary in your will is no longer living.
- Sample bequest language: “I give and bequeath the sum of $______ (or percentage of my estate) to Noise Free America to be used in support of its general charitable purposes.”
Gifts of Life Insurance
Another wonderful way to leave a legacy is to name Noise Free America as a beneficiary of an individual or group life insurance policy.
Retirement Plans and Other Investments
An IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or another qualified retirement plan has tax benefits for accumulating assets, but at death they may be subject to income and estate taxes. To leave your IRA or other retirement plan to Noise Free America (either as primary or contingent beneficiary), request a “change in beneficiary designation” form from your retirement plan company.
For more information on leaving a legacy gift to Noise Free America, please contact us at [email protected].
If you have included Noise Free America in your will, life insurance, or estate plans, please let us know, so that we may thank you appropriately for your generous commitment.
If you would like to organize a crowdfunding campaign to support Noise Free America: A Coalition to Promote Quiet, please contact us at [email protected]
If your place of employment has a workplace giving program, please let us know, so that your colleagues may donate to Noise Free America.
To learn more about any of these donation options, please contact Ted Rueter, Director of Noise Free America, at [email protected].
All contributions to Noise Free America are tax-deductible. Noise Free America is a 501c3 non-profit organization recognized and in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service.